LIST OF WORKSHOP CITIES WITH TIMES/DATES
Learn How To Unlock Your Family's Distinct Funding Code
As we start another school year remember this...
1. Most people no matter how much information and resources are available will still overpay for college
2. Despite all of the online sites, news articles, college fairs, etc people still do NOT understand the financial "rules" about paying for college
3. Word-of-mouth experiences about the FAFSA and college are grossly misunderstood
4. Even though over 150 Billion dollars of FREE money will be available many people will forfeit it due to not knowing deadlines, where to obtain it, procrastination or simply thinking all of this is just another scam.
You don't have to be one of those people. This is one of the most expensive endeavors that your family will ever undertake. It is also one of the most stressful experiences your family will have to face. According to many college experts NOT truly planning for college has contributed to the nation's $1.4 TRILLION student loan debt! This miseducation has the largest impact on the lifestyle of families that hope to retire in the next 10 - 20 years.
How you play this college "game" will determine how much debt you will have, how much FREE money your child can obtain, and how long you have to work in order to pay for all of this. Please note that every college unique and every family situation is different.
Our objective is to ease you through the college planning process with as much help as possible. In a nutshell, we are looking for families that are serious about planning their child’s future. Beginning in July of 2018 we have committed to arming mass numbers of families with information that will address many of the issues that trouble parents regarding college preparation. Our goal will be to save you time and money!
Parents we HEARD YOU!! Now we want to encourage you to help us by connecting with many other parents and sharing with them how to get this vital information (on our website, attending a workshop, meeting with one of our college readiness professionals or calling our 800 number)
How will this work?
(1) We will provide college readiness workshops with qualified "college ready" professionals.
(2) We will do our due diligence by way of social media, mail, radio, email, and word of mouth to get the word out regarding the College Planning Informational Workshops.
(3) We will count on you to help us to help you. Share our website and the events with your family, friends, and neighbors. (Cutting our cost on advertisement allows us to do the events at an affordable price.)
(4) Even though we will invite thousands of people to each workshop seating will be limited to a few hundred because we want our workshops to be up close, informative, practical and personal with our parents.
(5) Everyone must pre-register or RSVP. The "Early Bird RSVP " cost will only be $10 per person.
Early Bird (Promotional price)~ $10 (date specified or until seating is filled)
General Admission will be on the 10th day until the day before event~ $20
At the door $25 or 35 for priority seating. (Check Eventbrite for pricing) Events at churches are usually FREE!
College Planning Informational Workshop Schedule
10:00 am until 1:00 pm
Columbia , South Carolina July 27th, 2019 Ames Road Church of Christ
10:00 am to 2:00 pm 5889 Ames Road
Jacksonville, Florida August 03th, 2019 Be Out Day/ Charter School
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Greenville, South Carolina August 10th, 2019 Black Expo Workshop 10:00 am to 4:00 pm 1 Exposition Drive
Atlanta, Georgia August 24th , 2019 Simpson Street Church of Christ
10:00 am to 3:00 pm 800 Joseph E. Boone Blvd NW
Washington DC September 14th, 2019 Anacostia High School
10:00 am to 3:00 pm 1601 16th Street SE
Durham, North Carolina September 28th, 2019, Durham Armory
9:00 am to 12 noon 212 Foster Street
Kick off to college
Charlotte, North Carolina September 28th, 2018 Friendship Baptist Church
10:00 am to 2:00 pm 3400 Beatties Ford Road
HBCU Awareness Day
Savannah, Georgia September 28th 2019 TBA
WE HAD AN AMAZING YEAR IN 2018 OF WORKSHOPS. THANK ALL OF YOU WHO ATTENDED THEM!!!!LOOK FOR THE 2019 SCHEDULE.